Section 83 of The Consumer Rights Act 2015 refers to the provision of Letting and Managing Agent’s fees, charges and/or penalties and is intended to create full transparency to enable consumers (both landlords and tenants) to ascertain exactly how much they will be required to pay before they enter into any form of contract or agreement. This is not always straight forward as there are many aspects of our service and some landlords have specific requirements. However we set out below our standard charges.
Our services include
- Visit the property and advise you as to the appropriate market rental value for your property.
- Provide any recommendations we may have as to how best present the property together with information regarding relevant legislation.
- Prepare particulars by taking professional photographs and floor plans.
- Advertise the property on our website and other property portals and occasionally in local publications.
- Negotiate terms for the Tenancy.
- Apply for references.
- Prepare a Tenancy Agreement.
- Collect and transfer the tenants’ deposit. (Managed & Rent collection only)
- Collect and remit monthly rent. (Managed & Rent collection only)
- Arrange routine repairs. (Managed only)
- Arrange Gas Safety Check. (Managed & Rent collection only)
- Instruct inventory provider to prepare and check inventory with tenant. (Managed & Rent collection only)
- Return deposit as agreed with landlord and tenant to relevant parties. (Managed & Rent collection only)
Fees — All charges are shown inclusive of VAT
- Let only — 12% Inc VAT
- Rent Collection only — 3% inc VAT
- Management only — 6% inc VAT
- Let & Rent Collect only — 15% inc VAT
- Let & Full Management — 18% inc VAT
Additional optional and non-optional fees (all inclusive of VAT)
- Arranging works — 12% of the total cost
- Applying for landlord’s/mortgagee’s consent — £120 for each consent
- Deposit Administration fee — £60 per year
- (Only applies when Management Service is not selected, however will apply if we are to lodge a dispute on your behalf)
- Provision of EPC (Valid for 10 years) — £60
- Provision of Gas Safety Certificate — £84
- Appearance before any court or tribunal — £420 per day
- You deciding not to proceed with letting after we have taken up satisfactory references or produced a tenancy agreement — £600
- Paying rental income tax to HM Revenue & Customs on your behalf
- (Non-Resident landlord only) — £180 per annum
- Check-Out fee — Dependant on size of property. Ask for details.